Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We Put a Toe Into the 21st Century


So I'm sitting here in the computer lab listening to a presentation on blogs, wikis, and whatnot. Since out Tech. Director is leading it, maybe the practice will catch on here. Teachers are so busy, near-overwhelmed, with class preparation, grading, coaching, being house parents, and learning to use SmartBoards, NetClassroom and Blackboard that it's hard to expect them to consider, let alone embrace, yet more new apps. But I hope the infusion of these tools into our school will be viral.

I'm feeling conflicted, too, about this workshop, since i could have presented it but wasn't asked. I have to let go of ego and focus on sharing, on everybody's learning things that will enhance their lives and teaching. Maybe now that this is being presented people will begin to catch on. I'll email faculty again with a link to my school blog. I've told the director that I can teach these sessions and would like to. we'll see.

What I really want to do is to copy Helene Bowers' wonderful 23 Things and design a self-teaching course for our faculty. I think, now that we've had this technology morning, teachers could easily keep up with a self-directed course.

No comments: